Endodontics in Garland, TX
A terrible toothache has the potential to derail your livelihood completely. Endodontists restore the tissues from inside the tooth in complex ways. They identify and treat complex reasons for tooth discomfort, like abscesses. Endodontists perform root canal surgeries and other operations to ease discomfort. They work to keep tooth structure stable.
The pulp is the tooth's inner core. The outer layer of enamel protects the pulp. Under the enamel, the dentin serves as a layer of protection to prevent the pulp from becoming infected. The pulp's rigid covering prevents it from becoming infected with bacteria in the mouth. This outermost cover deforms in situations with tooth decay, forming perforations or cavities that introduce the dental pulp to bacteria and warm and cold extremes. The pulp is densely packed with blood vessels and nerves. Infection can cause hypersensitivity and toothache.
The Role of Endodontists
Root canal specialists are another name for endodontists. Both dental professionals and endodontists can perform root canal therapy, but endodontists do it considerably more frequently. Endodontists have a better level of proficiency in providing root canal therapy due to their increased experience and further practice.
They also do a variety of dental procedures, such as:
- Endodontic retreatment is removing and replacing materials utilized during a failed root canal.
- Emergency dental surgery may be required to treat serious tooth infections or repair complex dental damage.
- Tooth extraction involves removing a tooth whose tissues have been extensively deteriorated and cannot be preserved.
- Dental implant surgery is the surgical implantation of a dental implant that can later be used to maintain prostheses like bridges to reconstruct the form and function of a tooth after it has been extracted.
Root Canal Procedure
Endodontists employ an operating microscope and specialized instruments to heal tissues inside a tooth. You slowly lower in a comfy chair throughout root canal surgery. For patient convenience, a local anesthetic is used to dull your mouth.
What your endodontist will accomplish in the root canal treatment:
- A dental dam or barrier is placed over your tooth to encapsulate the damaged area and shield your mouth against infection.
- The pulp tissue is accessed from the base or front of the afflicted tooth.
- Diseased or damaged pulp tissue is removed.
- The inside of a tooth is cleaned and disinfected.
- The tooth is filled and sealed.
Get the best endodontics services from TruCare Dental from our cosmetic dentist Dr. Le, and her team of dental assistants.Please contact us to make an appointment.